Geronimo’s Impact on the Local Community
Geronimo projects contribute significantly to the local communities they serve via funding for tax revenue, landowner payments, local spending, charitable donations and job creation. This economic impact represents real money that is being pumped directly back into the communities we serve and can be absolutely life-changing for our host communities. In many ways, our renewable energy projects can be classified as an extraordinary seed crop for our landowners and farmers.
Geronimo’s Current Commitments
For Geronimo’s 1,600 MW portfolio of wind and solar projects that are currently operational or under constructed, we are currently committed to:
- $182 million in landowner payments over 20 years during operation
- $160 million in tax revenue over 20 years during operation
- $5.6 million in charitable donations through our education and community funds over 20 years during operation
- $485 million in local spending over 20 years during operation
- 3,615 newly created temporary construction jobs
- 144 newly created full-time, permanent jobs
Read more about how the additional revenue from Geronimo projects is helping our host communities.